Get Enrolled

Applying for Admission

To register for an online class, you must first Apply for Admissions at one of our partner colleges.   An academic advisor at the partner college you selected as your home college will answer any questions you may have about the online courses being offered as well as what courses to take to complete your degree, program of study or to meet your academic or career needs.  Your academic advisor and the Registrar's Office at your home college are there to assist you with your enrollment in courses and programs.
Contact information for an Academic Advisor or the Registrar's Office at your home college can be found under  Contacts .  
Be sure to find out the Important Dates for your course and college.

All of our partner colleges offer an online application.  Select a college below to go to the college's online Application for Admission:
Eastern Iowa
Iowa Lakes
Northwest Iowa
Western Iowa Tech
If you are only taking a course to transfer back to the college or university where you will be receiving a degree, be sure to indicate that you are a visiting or non-degree seeking student on your Admissions Application. 

Next Steps

Applying for Financial Aid
If you require financial assistance to pay for your online courses, you will need to start the process of applying for federal aid, state aid and even institutional scholarships several weeks or months before the term of your enrollment begins.

For more information and assistance, go to Paying for Online Classes , visit your college's website or talk with the Financial Aid Office at your college.
Remember, you must be degree-seeking at a college to receive most forms of financial assistance.
Your Admissions Application will be reviewed
and processed by the college at which you
submitted your application. 
Be sure to send any required documents
requested in the
application or by your college
to avoid delays
in processing.
The college will notify you by email, phone or letter of your admissions status; the college will also provide information about their registration procedures.  
If you have any questions about your application, status or the enrollment process, please contact your college.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Registering for Classes

Multiple Terms
Advising Tips
 The ICCOC offers courses during a 16-wk, 12-wk, 8-wk and 4-wk format.  These terms are scheduled at specific times during the academic year.  Not all courses are offered during every term, and some restrictions for enrollment may apply.
12-wk, 8-wk and 4-wk terms are accelerated terms;
16-wks of course material will be covered during the shortened terms.

Students are encouraged to work with their academic advisors to select courses and terms that best meet their needs and will work with their daily/weekly schedules to encourage successful course completion. 
  • Enroll in no more than 3 to 4 online courses during a
          12-wk or 16-wk term
  • Enroll in no more than 1 to 2 online courses during an
          8-wk term
  • Enrollment limited to 4 credit hours during 4-wk term
  • Enroll in only one course per 8-wk term, no more than
         2 courses during a 12-wk or 16-wk term, if working more
         than 40 hours or more per week.
  • Students enrolled in any combination of 8-wk, 12-wk and
         16-wk term courses should carefully balance enrollments
          to avoid overloading.
  • Have textbooks/course materials in hand by the first day of
          the term; instructors will have assignments due the first
          week of class.
  • Log into courses on the term start date to avoid falling
          behind.  It is very difficult to catch up once you have missed
          an assignment.

Adding & Dropping Courses

Any changes you wish to make to your online course schedule should be done through an academic advisor, Registrar's Office or online at your home college.

When enrolling in or withdrawing from an online course, you need to be aware of the refund dates and last dates to withdraw at your college.
It is usually better to withdraw from a  course than to fail it; however, please visit with your academic advisor or Financial Aid Office (if applicable) to determine how a dropped course may affect your situation. 

Enrollment Tools

Out-of-State Students

The link below provides information about the authorization of distance education (offering online courses/programs) within each state.   A list of contacts for each state is provided on this webpage.
Information from WCET 
ICCOC Courses & Programs
ICCOC Course Schedule
College Contacts